domingo, julho 27, 2008

descovering new worlds it seems... BEIRUT

Mr. Dude, I truly gotta steal your song. Fiquem com a musica que, recentemente se tornou no meu despertador...

LINDA!!! Beirut (perdoem a ignorancia mas nunca tinha ouvido falar :P) e Un Dernier Verre (pour La Route)"



Come sit at the table
Under October's able skies
Once we'd seen eye to eye
I'd known that I'd pass you by,
and I tried
The bells chime
Seven times
Completed at nine
The world moves slower,
I find
No, but I
Learned of time
By your hands
And in shallow waters'end
I learned not to swim, but to lie
I'll wait for now
'Til it's ready to burn out
I insist on doubts
We're already lying on the glass
The glass

PS. Ao tentar encontrar a musica que queria surgiram-me algumas duvidas... Esta e mesmo a Un Dernier Verre (pour La Route) ou e a Cherbourg? Quem me poder tirar a duvida que comente. Mr. Dude espero que me resolva a duvida dado que foi o menino que me mostrou a musica! :)
Ps.2. Esta musica nao parece ter umas tendencias irlandesar ou celticas?? Pelo menos, a meu ver... :)

Outra lindddddaaaa e a Cherbourg!


And a fall from you
is a long way down
I've found a better way out
And a fall from you
is a long way down
I know a better way out

Well it's been a long time
since I've seen you smile
Gambled away my fright
Till the morning lights shine

Sunday morning
only fog on the limbs
I called it again
what do you know
And I filled our days
with cards and gin
You're alight again, my dear

I will lead the way, oh, lead the way
When I know
And I'll sleep away, oh, sweep away
What I don't
Well sieze the way, oh, sieze the way
No, I won't
I will lead the way, oh, lead the day
When I know


Honestamento penso que nos proximos tempo o meu despertador vai oscilar entre estas duas... Sao, simplesmente GENIAIS!!!
Thanks Dude!!! :)
Muitos muitos Abracos!

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Confirmo que os títulos estão trocados! :D

A "Un Dernier Verre (Pour La Route)" é simplesmente linda. A que chegou à sua pessoa sob o enganador nome de "Cherbourg", penso!

But hey, beautiful music for beautiful people eh? It seemed only fitting that you'd be on the receiving end of Beirut's quite dazzling tunes.. :)